Pages

Jun 11, 2010

Vancouver Bound

So... I don't know if anyone other than Rachel actually reads this blog of mine, but what the heck, I have to write something for the month of June anyways ;) So judging by the title, you've probably figured out what this little blurb is going to be about! It's about Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada... the soon-to-be place I call home.

I don't really know what I can say about it, all I know is that if any of you out there who may read this want to pray for me, well then by all means, pray to your hearts desire about this new stage in my life! I will be heading to Vancouver, no later than mid September with my brother who will be attending VCAD (Vancouver College of Arts and Design) for an extensive Graphics Design course over the span of 1.5 years. While he's off to school, I will be working to try and make sure we both don't end up on the street :O! Yikes! Haha.

In order for that to happen, I am going to need a job, and a job I have been looking for the past month. I've applied to multiple places, and will continue to apply to multiple places until I find a sufficient employment to try and cover the basic costs of living for us, and hopefully have enough on the side for a little enjoyment in our lives :P It would royally suck being oh so close to some friends that we've never had the opportunity to hang out with, and not have enough money to take advantage of that.

Speaking of those friends, I am so thankful for them, they've become very important parts of my life, and I can't imagine my life without them now! They know who they are, even though some of them may not read this. On the friend note, I will be leaving behind friends as well, and that is going to be hard for me... as I've spent most of my 23 years with these friends, and they're going to be 3 days away.

Another aspect of the distance that sucks is the fact that my bro and I are going to be VERY far away our parents and our sisters... This is going to be the hardest thing for me, because even though we may not all get along 24/7, I love them all SO MUCH and I would be nothing without them. I mean I'm tearing up just thinking about it, I don't know how I'm going to be able to leave that day we head off to Vancouver. It's going to be the hardest day of my life, no doubt about it.

Anyways, enough of the rollercoaster of emotions that I've put you through in this blog post :P That's just a little update I wanted to get out there. Thanks for reading!

-Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm still here, your faithful blog follower. And I gotchya cover in the prayer dept. AND just think about how you'll get to hang out with this crazy American girl...ME! That'll make the day a little less harder...maybe... ;)

    ReplyDelete