Pages

Jun 11, 2010

Bleh - The Ramblings of a sick man (physically, not mentally :P)

Well, I'm sitting here pretty darn bored at the moment, and so I figured "what the heck, I'll write about being sick on my blog". I'm not really sure anyone aside from Rachel reads it, and she already knows that I'm sick, but meh... gives me something to do.

So I was all fine and dandy up until Saturday afternoon, where I sort of started to develop a bit of a sore throat/itchy throat. Then Sunday morning I woke up pretty abruptly around 8am (was hoping to sleep in til 9 before getting ready for church) because I was having a hard time breathing due to my throat being ridiculously swollen and might I add, extremely sore. So, I ended up popping some tylenol, and taking 6 vitamin C, and watching a bit of TV before going back to bed til the family got back around 12:30 and entered the house quite noisily (very considerate of them I know, haha). Well over the day my throat went down in terms of swelling and soreness, enough so that I could actually eat some food aside from yogurt and ice cream... which was nice. I went to bed that night (after popping another 6 vitamin C's) hoping and praying that when I woke up I would be feeling much better.

Alas, that was not the case unfortunately and it is now Wednesday and I feel like absolute crap still. I've been taking 12 vitamin C / day, drinking lots of orange juice, and getting at least 8 hours of sleep, however I'm at my weakest point today. I'm hoping that my weakness today is a sign that the body is really fighting the virus, expending all it's energy on that in order to defeat it, and that by tomorrow morning I'll be good as new. I've really been missing my daily P90X workouts, and am really disappointed I've only been able to complete one over the past 4 days. It was going so well, and after a month was really feeling better about myself than I had in years! Ah well, once I get better I'll just pick up right where I left off and continue to push myself to make my body a better temple for Christ!

Mmk, I do believe that's about all the rambling about being sick I can type up right now, and that I should go lay down.... which is indeed what I shall do.

1 comment: